publication: "suburban outfitters," W magazine, july 1998//photographer: mario sorrenti//model: kirsten owen//source: tfs
In my procrastination the past week I've spent many hours (yes hours) browsing through old editorials. I'm finding I'm drawn to a lot of 90's spreads. I don't think it's necessarily due to the fact that I'm in love with the clothing (though there are so really lovely minimalist pieces that I can imagine working with). I think it's really the photography that draws me in. A lot of the editorials I've been seeing have some of the most amazing photography. There just feels like more substances in the work. Maybe I'm just so incredibly sick of seeing blown out, Terry Richardson-esque stories.
Of course this isn't to say that I am not fond some work as of late. There are some really amazing photographers out there.
I don't know. Maybe it's just my overall nostalgia for the 90's that draws me.