[faux] amber pendant, silver ankh, wing ring, wood and bead earrings, silver ear cuff.
source: private
I don't know about any of you but I buy jewelry and keep it for ages. Most of my jewelry isn't "authentic" meaning it's not made of precious stones and metals. That ring, for example, is something I bought at Claire's when I was in middle school.
The amber pendant was just hanging out in mom's jewelry box before I borrowed it (meaning took it because she never wore it-oops) and it's been in my collection for the past five or six years. The wood earrings were gifted (so naturally I've kept them). The ankh and the earring cuff are the youngest pieces and perhaps that's why they are worn so often. Either that or the simplistically and size allows me to wear them alone or layered.
The Doc. Martens were thrown in because I got really bored with their plain scuffed up look and decided to exchange the laces (I took these from a pair of beat-up knee high lace-ups) and wrap a very old silver belt around them. If you can't tell the belt is broken but that didn't ever convince me to get rid of it. I've been wearing it as a bracelet/necklace/belt for (and this might be embarrassing but whatever) for almost 14 years. Ever since I was a little kid (this belt broke at age 7) I've had this intense appreciation for silver. In fact, I have to really challenge myself to wear gold (or gold-plated) pieces.
Anyway, these are the pieces I've been wearing pretty often lately. My go-to pieces are pretty simple. I don't have many "statement" pieces anyway.