Sunday, October 10, 2010

Paris: At The Place Vendôme



What I'm wearing
Bespoke hat made by my German milliner. Found this pretty black blouse and gloves at Didier Ludot's boutique in Paris. The trousers from Joseph London. Belt by Rene Lezard.

Describe your style credo
Adaptable. It's similar to my taste in music - I'm very fond of classical and calypso music, but I would never confuse the two. I also have a fondness for bespoke hats and dresses.

Name three French women who have inspired you
Simone de Beauvoir, Louise de Vilmorin and Amantine Aurore Lucille Dupin.

Five things your mother excelled at
She was an accomplished horsewoman and she had the ability to make people laugh, spoke French, German, Italian, Spanish and Latin fluently, played the piano and embroidered cushions. She was taught all this by her own mother who was educated in Europe.


What is your philosophy on exercise
I view excercise as I do food - a little every day.
I do not have a gym membership. I walk daily like most French girls in Paris. I ride in the country twice weekly along with ballet two evenings per week.

What's your most recent purchase
Shopping for undergarments in Paris - A delightful way of seducing oneself.

Your most beloved possession
My great-grandmother's antique emerald brooch.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com