Saturday, August 7, 2010

City Jungle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Source: private
///
I was at my uncle's house yesterday. He's very into gardening, alternative energy sources and recycling common materials for other uses. A couple of years ago he converted his yard into a garden. It's filled with herbs, grapes, raspberries, plums and the like. It's absolutely lovely.
///
This past summer he's practically moved out of the city to live on a farm in Wisconsin. His yard has grown a bit in his absence. By a bit I mean a ton. His fenced in back yard looks like a jungle. Yesterday I went exploring. Weaving under grape vines, a bird flew right in front of me. I could hear them making noises the entire time I was back there. It was just beautiful. A lovely little piece of honest to goodness nature in the center of Minneapolis.

I want to thank all of you for your comments. Each one means a lot and I try to return the favor. That being said, I might not be on for the rest of the weekend so... have a fantastic weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com