Saturday, July 24, 2010

Une Fille Belle


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Marion Cotillard by Mikael Jansson/ Intervie Magazine, August 2010/ Source: Touch Puppet

The article (or interview, rather) that accompanied these photos was amazing.

I happened into a Barnes & Noble last night and after reading through a Vanessa Paradis article in Harper's Bazaar UK (can I say that she is the epitome of awesomeness) I found Interview.

The Marion Cotillard piece was long and philosophical, to say the least. I rather enjoyed it. Interviewed by Nicole Kidman (who now lives in Kentucky, who knew? not me that's who), the two talk about the enviornment, living with the Earth, death and inner peace. Whoa, deep! No but seriously, it was a thinker. The only thing I didn't like was how abruptly it ended. Suddenly they were talking about Cotillards sometime-gig as a musician in a friend's band and then it ended.

Lacking major closure.

Oh well.

By the way, my high school French has never completely paid off as I don't know if the title is correct (I guess having no reason to practice for two years kind of diminishes the knowledge). I also realized I don't know the French word for woman (it's certainly not the same as fille which is girl...is it?). Now I feel like a typical American and I apologize for that. Continue having a lovely weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com