Friday, July 9, 2010

Dear Diary,

This will be a fairly person post because I've been saving these images for some random reason. Alright, to be truthful some of these are as new as today. Oh well.

Photobucket

I once had this wonderful idea that I would like to have an entire wall of postcards at one point. I imagined them framed but to be honest, I'm not sure the tiny things can stand up to it (unless it's a rather thin metal frame). In any case, I've gotten this far. (Top row: Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin x2, Billie Holiday. Second row: Billie Holiday, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, Bob Dylan. Bottom Row: Johnny Depp + Winona Ryder, The Sex Pistols, Marilyn Manson).

Photobucket

Photobucket
In any case, I've acquired a few new ones (Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, Katharine Hepburn, James Dean). I'm quite proud of the flash going off in the photo of the James Dean one. It's as if he's holding some ball of light in his hands.

Photobucket

I also couldn't pass up this issue of Uncut. David Bowie on the cover and a decently long story inside? Of course I couldn't. I haven't actually read the article yet but I plan to! Which reminds me, I still haven't finished that Lady Gaga interview from The Rolling Stone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As if all of that wasn't enough? I'm going to share more. At this point, you may be feeling the urge to leave this post immediately because this is probably dull but did you see the pretty pictures of David Bowie?

I went to Stillwater (Minnesota) with my boyfriend today. While there we stared in amazement at the waters of the St. Croix which were quite high (as can be seen in the following photos. Those little cement bits? They're part of a sidewalk that is flood right now. You can even witness the stairs which were consumed by waves (and also flooded). Every now and then I would end up with a photo that looked like it could have been a beach photo but, alas, just wet cement.

For the sake of space, I've made these smaller. Full sizes can be viewed at my Flickr account.

Lap

St/ Croix

St Croix

St. Croix

A slightly creepy drain system (we think).

Cubby Hole

And, of course, ice cream from Nelson's. I believe they're fairly well known. They have a map inside where people from all over the world have pushed little thumb tacks into their home cities/countries/etc. This nearly gone delicious cup is Java Chunk (coffee flavor is always a plus in my book). Unfortunately, despite our, previous trips to this place, we failed to remember how gigantic (and I mean gigantic) their servings are. We ordered a double, figuring the two of us could manage it. The thing was like a towering inferno. We could barely finish it down to the top of the cup. This is after several hours of nursing it and letting it melt. I did manage to take a picture of the whole thing before we dug in but it's on film which has yet to be developed.

Java Chunk

Now that that is all said and done, I'm going to stop this post before I write a photo novel. I was going to show you some fabric I scored and a costume jewelry brooch that is, I guess, a family heirloom but, to be honest, I'm tired of writing.

If this post was typically boring and fashion free, forgive me. I shall return to that in my next post which will probably be Sunday evening when I have a free moment.

Have a lovely weekend, all. And thank you for visiting my blog so often.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com