///
The first official thunderstorm of the summer (at least in my eyes) was a booming success. Pun intended, of course! Absolute downpours making it nearly impossible to drive (I've heard multiple stories of cars getting stuck across the Metro area) and see in front of you.
///
My boyfriend and I got caught at the grocery store. We ran to the car and were practically drenched by the time we reached the far end of the parking lot. Fun stuff right there. I proceeded to get even more soaked as I ran to the house and stepped into a giant stream of rain water.
///
My mother says that it there was so much hail near our house that the lawn was practically white. Her flowers got quite a beating. Southside Minneapolis apparently is flooded badly in some areas. A friend of mine said she saw cars stranded with water up to the windows (that must be one bad gutter system right there).
///
Not to make it sound like this was a horrible thing. I absolutely love thunderstorms. I live for summer storms. They make me entire year. And I'm not being overly dramatic. They remind of the best things and they always give me an urge to run out and play in the rain.
///
It's still raining now, though it's mellowed out quite a bit. I think I might just go and have some fun. :)