Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shopping Bag






(sources: private)
///
I went to a coffee shop with the intention of helping my friend with math and I ended up in a thrift shop. Go figure. I wish this was not such a common occurance. It makes it hard to save for the pricey things I want.
///
Some of these (actually most of these) are things I bought a while ago. I'm not sure why I haven't uploaded them sooner.
///
The first, a book on Vogue photography, is absolutely amazing. I love it to pieces. I've spent a good chunk of time looking through the images. I've been planning on scanning some of the photos and posting them as they are so phenomenal.
///
A ring and a pair of earrings (H&M) I picked up on my last mall visit. I love the ring and wear it nearly every day. The earrings were a bit of a risk for me. I tend to be picky about what dangles from my ears. I think some types just don't look flattering on anyone but that could just be me. Those little tiny dangling ones, for example, bother me so much. I have some and I can't bring myself to wear them. It's completely ridiculous because I think they're quite beautiful. Still, I can't. Maybe it's because I wear my hair down all the time. So, really, what would be the point?
///
My most recent purchase (the next two photos), taken from above mentioned thrift shop, is a lace top. 5 dollars means I couldn't resist. I've been wanting one for a long time anyway. And the lace feels very soft which is a nice change. Most of the ones I've encountered are very stiff and scratchy.
///
Finally, I found this cloak/shawl while cleaning my closet today. I was so excited to find it hanging in the back. I bought back in February when I very nicely asked my boyfriend to take me to a rare Macy's sale. I must have assumed it was too cold for me to wear it that point and shoved in the back of my closet for spring.
///
Since the weather is fairly sucky right now I figure I can wear it for a while before summer really kicks in!
/
In other news, I'm planning on hitting a fabric store in the hopes of making my own clothes. I'm being ambitious. I have this desire to create something and I kind of want to design a blouse that I actually like as I can't seem to find one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com