Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lala's Style of the Day: Suburban Nerd.

I'm a not so desperate housewife nerding it up - suburban style.



The tale of my garment.
  • Sisley Floral dress: $1 I saw this dress dangling before me last year at the Buffalo Exchange Earth Day Sale. I never wore it before until yesterday because the pattern and hemline seemed a bit outdated to me. But I felt bad for it, sitting so lonely and afraid in my dark closet, that I knew I just had to put it on. So I did.
  • Raggedy Coat: $3.99 from Thank You Mart. I was prepared to wear out a black furry vest but my mom told me not to because were going to a vegetarian restaurant and she didn't want me to get paint splattered on. To spite her (not really), I decided to put on the most mismatching, gaudy coat I could find.
  • Belt: $0 from friend's mom.
  • Sandals: $15 from Marshalls. I like to call these my bondage shoes. I feel kinky. Just kidding. Let's pretend I never said that.
  • Glasses: $1 Buffalo Exchange. And the star of the outfit, my poser glasses. I wore them because I felt that my new style persona of weird nerd needed a pair of giant oversized glasses. It perfectly compliments my overly round face.
  • Ray Bradbury Book: $0.25.

























Impromptu photo shoot courtesy of Lala Jr. (aka my sister).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com