INSPIRATION: Picasso lady.
- Psychedelic pink-red-purple draped tunic/minidress: $1.50 st. vinnies. Originally it was a super-sized muu-muu. I actually think it was a costume because I really don't know if people actually wore this back then. I basically did a little flip up and constructed a flower on the side. You can't really see this because my scarf is covering it.
- Picasso Scarf: I love Picasso. I love scarf. I love wearing my scarf like this. Basically tied it around my neck and then pinned one corner to the back of my dress. From my mom's wardrobe.
- Pink shorts of fury underneath for just in case instances when my mini dress decides to change into a tunic: 0.50 local thrift, reconstructed.
- Bejeweled headband: made by me from my marc jacobs inspiration
- Purple moccasin wedges: $5 loehmanns. these are like my staple shoes right now.
- Bracelets
The evolution of this outfit was quite interesting. Today I woke up wanting to wear happiness and this tunic/dress just screamed happiness to me when I saw it so of course I had to have it. Then as I was rummaging through my closet I thought maybe a scarf? I saw my Picasso scarf. Now this scarf is huge. Like blanket size for a hobbit. I decided to tie it around my neck and waist like a scarf-halter type of thing around my dress. When I came back from class I fiddled around some more because the way I did my scarf just didn't seem right. I wanted to show off the full Picasso woman and so I tied it around my neck and let it loose so it was dangling in the front. It would look like such a amazing dress. Then I just pinned one corner to the back and let the other side hang. I love the effect. I think this is definitely a different way/riskier way to wear a scarf. Especially a beautiful scarf with such a great design. Accessories can take center stage baby!
My day was rather wonderful. I realize naps in between classes are super helpful because I didn't take a nap and I fell asleep. And another illustration on front page fresh off the press! oh YEAH:
I need to start studying for finals. I have one Saturday at 8 AM! Spring break smells so close.
