We took the Big Blue Bus down there. I'm like a public transportation expert now. For sure man, for sure. Then we walked. And aha! There it was, in all its glory, the Fashion District sign. I had led the team to the right direction.
I was instinctly attracted to those red sequined flats with a subtle tiger pattern. Or maybe it was a zebra pattern. They are my ruby shoes of magic. The other pair were a nice wedged flat with a floral pattern.
We kept walking and then decided to head back to the bus stop. We took a different street back and realized that all the cheap not yucky things were on the less known streets. I found these super fabulous rainbow flats with some skull embroidery for only $3.33!!! It was on sale - buy 3 pairs for 10 dollars. MWang bought two nice sandals.
We then went to do some purse shopping for my friend, who I shall call J Shrew. She didn't find the purse of her dreams. But I found more cheap stuff. I should seriously have a commandment of "Thou shall not buy cheap stuff just because it is cheap". The store was a $2.99 store which is sort of a hybrid between one of those downtown LA stores because umm, it was in downtown LA; a thrift store because it had a lot of random stuff that didnt have any multiples but things were new..I think; and a thank you mart because everything was $2.99.
I first found this orange South Park shirt for Bacne because it reminded me of her. Then I found the most hideous bright blue jeans in the world but they just called out to me:
jeans: Lala! Lala...Lala.... come over here.
me: *shrugs* Okay.
jeans: come to me. Buy me. Give me your tender loving care...
me: What are you?
jeans: I'm an awesome pair of Levi's mom jeans with a button up front dyed to a bright electric blue perfection. I am destined for you.
me: *I think I'm being brainwashed by these jeans* Okay. I'll buy you.
and that was basically the whole story. Then I found this orange strapless floral dress. I didn't really need it but it was nice and cheap. Man, I just broke my commandment.
The bus took like an hour to get back to school during which I fell asleep. It was a fun day, but sadly tomorrow, school will start and I will have to go back to my routine of waking up, school, sleeping. Hopefully I can manage to sneak in fun activities along the way.