I set my alarm for 7:30. The sale started at 7:00. No way was I waking up that early just to rummage. Besides, I thought since today is a Friday, many people still have to go to work. I changed and drove and saw a butt load of junk all over this parking lot. I was excited. I even raced this old couple to the sale because, I don't know, I'm just wacko I suppose. So I got there and my first instinct was to find the clothing because you know me, I always head to fashion first. I found the women's clothing room and boy was it a giant mess. It was a tiny room literally piled with clothes and people looking through the pile of clothes. It was a jungle and I was the hunter on my safari adventure. I climbed over the treachourous mountains of pants and defeated the other hunters until I finally reached the cave of dresses. I picked up some stuff and then I saw it. It was animal staring at me. Literally. It was I think a scarf but I really don't know who in their right mind would wear it. It was a scarf/stole/pelt of two minks or foxes. You know the ones where they are biting each others tails? It's funny because my friend was just talking about it. At first I looked at it in disgust and sadness and left it back on the racks. But then, it kept staring at me like it wanted me to buy it. I felt bad for leaving them there amist all the junky clothing. So I took it. And closed my eyes as I walked to the cashier. She looked at me and then at it and said "Ew, is this alive? One dollar." At that moment I my guilt came up to me again. Oh snap, what did I just do. I just bought myself a frickin fur animal thingamajig after promising myself I would never by such things. But I did. It's not for me to wear though, good heavens no. I'm going to keep them in a box and give it a nice home. I feel so guilty now. So guilty. So guilty. AHHH...okay, must compose myself.
After two hours of rummaging with the old ladies and spending $15, I came back with these treasures!
My first loot was from the women's clothing room. I always seem to buy on impulse. Whenever I see something that catches my eye. I take it. Then realize its not practical and put it back. Then take it up again. And then finally convince myself to buy it because I won't be able to find it anywhere else. I play mind games with myself when shopping.
Fur Stole-$1
Dress-$2
Petticoat/Slip Poof-$2
Silk Skirt-$2
Mexican blouse-$1
The other loot were non-clothing items, but fabulous nonetheless. I got a wig and a headstand becaus the lady said $2 for both, but I told her I only wanted the stand for my hats and she said $1.50 so I bought the wig anyways.
Harry Potter Gringots Bank- 0.25
Wig and Stand- $2
Horse Avon Bottle - 0.10
Fabric - 0.10
AP Econ book for my sis- 0.50
Hair curler -$1
Some baking tray with chicken deco - 0.50
the coolest ray ban sunglasses ever! - 0.10 (yellow one) $1 for the other.
and last but not least a HAIR WRAP KIT!!! 0.50
It must have been an act of God because I was craving these just yesterday!
Other exciting news today. I saw my niece two hours ago and she molested me.